Currently available funding: open calls
- GR Water Management Program: Open call for proposals and solutions aiming to improve water management and the situation of water management bodies. All details are available here. Deadline for applications: 11 February 2021
- Business Innovation Greece: Open call for project proposals under the ICT, green innovation and ocean economy sectors, aiming to help Greek businesses grow. All details are available here. Deadline for applications: 18 February 2021 | Budget: €13m
- GR – Active Citizens: Bilateral Cooperation Initiatives
Deadline: 30 June 2023 | Budget: € 92,000
- GR – Energy : Open call for project proposals on renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy safety. New deadline: 23 November 2020 | Budget:€9m
Unlocking youth potential : the Fund for Youth Unemployment
The Fund for Youth Employment was established in 2017 to contribute to sustainable and quality youth employment in Europe. Unlike the ordinary programmes funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, this Fund has a transnational focus – it helps entities across Europe pooling their efforts to find new ways of reducing youth unemployment.
The Fund for Youth Employment is open to all 15 EEA and Norway Grants beneficiary countries. Deadline for project proposals is the 5th of January 2021.
Find out more here
Bilateral relations : looking for a partner?
One of the two main goals of the EEA Grants is to increase cooperation and relations between countries. On this article, you will find information on how to find a partner for your EEA Grants project idea.
Current funding period: 2014 - 2021
The agreement of the current funding period (2014 - 2021) for Greece was signed in Athens in October 2017. A total funding of €116,7 is distributed across the following programs:
- Innovation, Business Development and SMEs
Fund Operator: Innovation Norway
- Roma Inclusion and Empowerment
Program Operator: Greek Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Local Development and Poverty Reduction
Fund Operator: SOL CROWE & HumanRights360
- Water Management
Program Operator: Greek Ministry of Environment and Energy, Executive Authority Sector Environment
- Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency
Program Operator: Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Savings, CRES
- Good governance, Accountable Institutions, Transparency
Program Operator: Greek Ministry of Digital Governance
- Asylum and Migration: Capacity Building of national asylum and migration management systems
Program Operator: Greek Ministry of Citizen Protection, European and Development Programs Division
Asylum and Migration fact sheet : Norway's support
- Asylum and Migration: Addressing urgent needs for the reception and screening of asylum seekers and for the accomodation of vulnerable groups
Fund Operator: SOL CROWE & HumanRights360
- Active Citizens Fund
Fund Operator: Bodossaki Foundation & SolidarityNow
How and where the EEA Grants are channelled has been decided jointly by the Greek state and the donor countries. Their decisions are reflected in the Memorandum of Understanding 2014-2021 between Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Greece. Details of the fundings are made in the various programmes' concept notes, following stakeholder consultations which are inclusive dialogues with representatives from the Government, the wider public sector, the civil society, the academia and the private sector.
Previous funding periods - What has been achieved?
Greece has received funding since the EEA Agreement entered into force in 1994. Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein are joining forces in this funding, with Norway contributing the majority of the funding.
The EEA Grants represent the contribution of Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein to reducing economic and social disparities, and strengthening cooperation with 15 EU countries. The basis for the Grants is the EEA Agreement.
This video by Theodore Scrivanos gives an impression of the many great projects implemented in Greece:
The EEA Grants are about working across borders, striving for economic and social growth, and continuously aiming to build a better future.
Below you will find an overview of what has been funded in the various funding periods.