Travel and border information for Norway in Norwegian / English

Traveling to Norway? - Register your arrival in our traveler registry
(About the registry)

Translation of documents

For translation of documents to be officially used in Norway, kindly contact a State-authorised translator.

A list of translators can be found on the website of the Association of Government-Authorized Translator in Norway.

Documents translated into English are accepted by Norwegian authorities, as long as they are translated by the Translation Service at the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please note that Norwegian authorities will in many cases require an apostille stamp on the translation, for example on birth certificates and marriage certificates.

In order to ensure that the translation of names from Greek to Latin characters is identical to what is written in your passport/ID card, please provide the translator with a copy of your passport/ID-card.