Residence permit

Citizens of the Republic of Korea need a residence permit in order to work or to take up residence for longer than 90 days.

For nationals of other countries:

  • Nationals of EU/EEA countries do not need a residence permit to stay or work in Norway. However, all nationals of EU/EEA countries who want to stay for longer than three months must register with the police.
  • Nationals of non-EU/EEA countries who want to work in Norway or to stay for longer than 90 days need a residence permit.

The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) normally processes applications for a residence permit. 


The responsibility for receiving applications for residence permits is outsourced to VFS Global.  All applications are to be submitted to VFS Global:

Applications for residence permit to Denmark can also be submitted to the VFS Norway application center in Seoul. The applications are processed by the Danish Immigration Service.

Once completed, VFS Global will send the applications by courier mail to the Norwegian Embassy in Beijing for further examination.