Scheduled for February 20-26, 2024, Norgesskolen Winter offers an enriching program for youth between the ages of 14 and 20 with a connection to Norway, no matter where in the world they are based. This program is designed to deepen participants' understanding of the Norwegian language and culture while they engage in traditional winter activities.
Participants will have the opportunity to stay at Solstua, located atop the scenic Holmenkollen in Oslo, where they will experience the warmth of communal living reminiscent of a Norwegian lodge. The days are structured with morning Norwegian language classes, followed by afternoons filled with winter sports and activities that Norway is known for.
Quotes from last year's students:
- My favorite winter activities were going for a skitur and isbading. And sitting around a campfire cooking pølse and pinnebrød
- Jeg elsket aketuren! Munchmuseet og isbading var også gøy
- Min favoritt var å ake, lage bål og sove på lavvo
Quotes from the youth's parents:
- He had the time of his life.
- I want to thank you personally. He had the most wonderful week of his life at Norgesskolen. Every single minute was fun for him. He considers everyone at Norgesskolen his friend now.
For more information, see https://www.norgesskolen.no/