South Africa is Africa’s second largest economy, and among the most technologically advanced countries, with a sophisticated financial services infrastructure. There are significant investment and export opportunities for Norwegian businesses looking to expand their market. Several organisations, both local and as a part of Team Norway, can assist Norwegian businesses seeking opportunities in the region.
The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria can serve as a useful first point of contact for businesses that wish to enter the South African market. Specifically, the Embassy can assist with the following:
- be a point of contact for Norwegian companies interested in South Africa and side-accredited countries, and vice-versa;
- meeting facilitation with key government departments;
- provide political and economic overviews and knowledge, including the Norwegian perspective;
- expertise on specific, challenging issues and criteria for investment, such as Black Economic Empowerment, localisation and employment requirements;
- provide updated sector overviews, highlighting opportunities for trade and investment;
- facilitate meetings with local investment promotion agencies and other project development agencies; and
- facilitate networking events for sector stakeholders and assist in the planning of trade missions.
Find us on social media
Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria on LinkedIn
Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria on Instagram
Ambassador Gjermund Sæther on Twitter