You will be notified by VFS Global in the manner agreed on at the time of your application when your application has been processed.
The result can be picked up at VFS Global’s visa application centre where the application was submitted, or it can be delivered by courier service (extra charge) from VFS.
If you have been granted a visa:
A sticker will be placed in your passport. Please check the duration of stay specified on the sticker. The duration of stay indicates how many days you are allowed to stay in the Schengen area.
Applicants are requested to check the following:
- Period of validity
- Number of entries
- Duration of stay
- Passport Number
- Name and Surname
- Please notify VFS if you find a mistake on your sticker
If your visa was rejected by the Embassy:
If your application for a visa in Norway has been denied, you have the right to appeal, see the Public Administration Act section 28 first paragraph.
The deadline for filing an appeal is 3 weeks from when you were informed about the decision, see the Public Administration Act section 29 first paragraph, first sentence.
The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Nairobi will review the case. If we do not find grounds to reverse the decision, the case will be sent to The Directorate of Immigration (UDI). You will find more information about the appeal process, and case processing times at UDI here.
How to appeal:
- Write a letter where you explain which decision you are appealing and why you believe the decision you have received is incorrect. Please make sure to mark the appeal with full name and reference number (can be found on the decision letter). If you have any new information or documentation, you must enclose it. Please do not submit any original documents or passports with the appeal.
- The letter must be written in Norwegian or English. The appeal must be signed (handwritten signature) by the applicant or the person who holds Power of Attorney. Appeals without a signature will be formally rejected.
- If you want someone to act on your behalf in connection with your appeal, you must first authorise this person by granting them Power of Attorney. The signed Power of Attorney must be submitted with the appeal.
- You may either send the letter of appeal to the embassy by post or courier, or you may upload the appeal to us via the online Application Portal.
- If you choose to upload your appeal letter; please log on to your Application Portal account with the same username and password as when you filed your application.
- Filing an appeal through the Application Portal is a secure way of transferring information. Remember to enter the Application Portal reference number of your case. You will find the Application Portal reference number in the cover letter you received when submitting your application in the Application Portal.
If the application was rejected by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI):
The appeal must be forwarded to the UDI by uploading the documents on their website.
Click here for more information about the appeal process and processing times.