2017 AASSC NORWEGIAN TRAVEL AND RESEARCH GRANT
Please note: Updated guidelines and application deadline for 2017.
This grant is meant to help strengthen and encourage the presence of Norwegian language, literature and culture in Canadian higher education.
Requirements: To be eligible for grant you must:
- Be a current member of AASSC
- Be a researcher, lecturer or Ph.D. student affiliated with a Canadian university
- Live and work in Canada
Be planning a visit to Norway with one or more of the following goals:
- Attend a course, conference or seminar with direct correlation to the applicant’s academic field
- Do research or gather scientific information
- Establish or renew professional or academic contacts
- Seek out and gather teaching materials
Please note that the academic field should be within Norwegian language, literature or culture.
The travel grant shall be used to cover travel expenses between Canada and Norway and/or domestic travel and accommodation expenses in Norway. The application should be submitted to the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Ottawa by March 1 2017.
Please include the following with your application:
- Confirmation of valid AASSC membership
- Letter describing the purpose of the trip and how it will promote Norwegian language and culture in Canada (1 Page).
- Budget for the trip and information on additional funding/applications
- Proof of affiliation with an educational institution in Canada
- Resume or CV
- Additional information (optional)
The grant is funded and approved by the Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU).
Please note: Applicants who received the AASSC Travel and Research Grant for 2016 will not be eligible for 2017. Also note that one may not receive AASSC Travel and Research Grant the same calendar year as one receives NORTANA Grant or Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language and Literature from SIU.
Travel must be completed before May 1st 2018 and a report following the visit will be required.