Applying for a Norwegian Passport, Personal Number or Citizenship
Steps for applying for a Norwegian passport or personal number at the Consulate General in San Francisco:
Read the information on the Norwegian Embassy's website carefully, including the relevant checklists.
Book an appointment at the Consulate General in San Francisco through our online booking system (see below).
Gather all necessary documentation and fill in all forms before your appointment.
These are the guidelines for appointments at our offices on the 39th floor of 575 Market Street.
- The appointment calendar is open for up to 8 weeks in advance.
- We can receive visitor(s) for 1 - one - appointment at a time.
- An appointment is 40 minutes long.
- Maximum two persons from one family can be processed within the 40 minutes. All relevant family members may attend the appointment.
- Families that need services for more than two people must contact us to book appointments tailored to their number and need.
- Do not bring with you persons that are irrelevant to the appointment.
- It is essential that paperwork and necessary copies are prepared before appointments.
- A “no cash” policy is enforced. We accept payment by credit or debit card.
- Early arrivers will not be allowed entry to our floor before the appointed time.
- Late arrivers will have to reschedule their appointments or have to wait until the end of the day.
You must present yourself at the Front desk in the lobby of the building, where they will have to identify you as a registered visitor to the Norwegian Consulate General.
We are unable to receive visitors who have not made an appointment.
Appointments for other consular affairs are available on request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +1-415-882-2000.
Instructions for Passports, Personal Numbers and Citizenship can be found on the Norwegian Embassy's website:
Please book your passport, personal number or citizenship appointment below: