Applying for a Norwegian Passport, Personal Number or Citizenship
Steps for applying for a Norwegian passport or personal number at the Consulate General in San Francisco:
- Read the information on this page carefully, including the relevant checklist.
- Book an appointment at the Consulate General in San Francisco through our online booking system (see below).
- Gather all necessary documentation and fill in all forms before your appointment.
In response to the Covid-19 epidemic, these are the guidelines for appointments at our offices on the 39th floor of 575 Market Street.
- The appointment calendar is open for up to 8 weeks in advance.
- As a health precautions we can receive visitor(s) for 1 - one - appointment at the time.
- An appointment is 40 minutes long, to allow necessary cleaning between visitors.
- Maximum two persons from one family can be processed within the 40 minutes. All relevant family members may attend the appointment.
- Do not bring with you persons that are irrelevant to the appointment.
- Families that needs services for more than two people must contact us to book appointments tailored to their number and need.
- It is essential that paperwork and necessary copies are prepared before appointments.
- A “no cash” policy is enforced. We accept payment by credit or debit card.
- Early arrivers will not be allowed entry to our floor before the appointed time.
- Late arrivers will have to reschedule their appointments or have to wait until the end of the day.
Face masks must be kept on when in our building and during the appointment in our offices, unless you are fully vaccinated.
You must present yourself at the Front desk in the lobby of the building, where they will have to identify you as a registered visitor to the Norwegian Consulate General.
Do NOT enter if you experience symptoms of Covid-19 or feel unwell. You will not be allowed into the Consulate.
We are presently unable to receive visitors who have not made an appointment.
Appointments for other consular affairs are available on request by e-mail to email@example.com or by calling +1-415-882-2000.
Please book your passport, personal number or citizenship appointment below: