1 leg of lamb
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
3 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons five spice powder (Chinese spice mix)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 dl water
2 bell peppers
1 bundle of spring onions
150 grams asparagus beans
3 dl Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
What to do:
1. Let the leg of lamb lie on the kitchen counter for an hour to let it get room tempered.
2. Heat up the oven to 125 degrees Celsius.
3. Rub the leg of lamb in with the salt, pepper, five spices, brown sugar and the vinegar. Peel the garlic and cut into slices. Make small incisions in the meat and put in the garlic.
4. Put the lamb into a refractory form, and fill it with the water. Bake the lamb in the oven until it reaches 70 degrees Celsius. This will take a couple of hours, and a good tip is to use a cooking thermometer to know the exact temperature.
5. When the temperature of the lamb has reach 70 degrees Celsius, put aluminum foil on it and let it rest for 15 minutes. Save the broth for later.
6. Heat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Cut onion, spring onion, asparagus beans, broccoli and bell peppers into big pieces.
7. Mix it all with oil and put it in the form. Bake it for 8 minutes until they get an even, golden color.
8. When the vegetables are done, mix them with the Hoisin sauce, the juice of the lemon and the broth from the lamb – and your Easter lamb is ready to indulge in! Serve with a fresh salad and rice.
Recipe courtesy: Matprat.no