Visitor's visa and residence permit

Citizens of Estonia do not need a visitor's visa or residence permit.

If you are a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you do not need a residence permit, but must register with the police within three months of arriving in Norway.

The Norwegian embassy in Tallinn does not handle visa or residence permit applications. You can apply at one of the following Norwegian embassies: Athens, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Hague, Bern or Reykjavik.

If you do not have permission allowing you to travel within the Schengen area, but just have a permit valid for the Schengen country you are in, you must travel to your country of origin and apply for a visa or a residence permit at the closest Norwegian foreign mission.