Visitor’s visa and residence permit
A visitor's visa allows you to stay in Norway or other Schengen countries for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days. A residence permit gives you the opportunity to work in Norway and to stay for more than 90 days.
Citizens of Georgia (holding a Georgian passport) do not need a visitor's visa but if you plan to stay longer than 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit.
- Visitor visa: If you are a citizen of Georgia you do not need a visa for short-term visits to Norway. There are however additional rules you must follow.
- Residence permits: Applications for residence permits for Georgian citizens are handled by the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Ankara.
Foreign nationals with residence permit in Georgia:
- The French Embassy in Tbilisi handles short-term visa applications on behalf of Norway.
- Find out if you need a visa to visit Norway
Foreign nationals without residence permit in Georgia:
- Check if you require a visa: Who do not need a visa to visit Norway (visa-free).
- If you need a visa to visit Norway, you will find information on the website of the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration regarding where you can apply: Want to apply - UDI