Starting on 9 November 2015, several of the Norwegian Embassies within the Schengen area will no longer receive applications for visa and residence permits. Nine embassies within the Schengen area will continue to receive these types of applications. The Embassy in Madrid is one of them.
The other Embassies are: Athens, Berlin, Bern, Copenhagen, Reykjavik, Rome, Stockholm and The Hague. If you live in one of the countries that have an Embassy that will still be receiving applications for visa and residence permits, you will have to submit your application there.
If you are residing in Spain or in one of the Schengen countries listed below, you may submit your application at our Embassy.
- The Czech Republic
The procedure for submitting an application for a visa or a residence permit is as follows:
- You must register the application and pay the fee in the electronic Application Portal of the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI).
- In the Application Portal, you choose at which Embassy to submit the application.
- Here you can also book an appointment to submit your documents at the Embassy.
- When the application is registered, you must print out the document checklist and make sure to gather all the required documentation listed.
- The application is considered as submitted when you have met in person at the Embassy and handed in all the required documents, the Embassy if necessary has collected your fingerprints and conducted an interview.
If you do not have permission to travel within Schengen
If you have a residence permit due to protection (asylum) or strong humanitarian reasons and therefore cannot travel freely to another Schengen country, you may contact the Embassy in your country of residence for guidance for how to submit the application.