Visitor’s visa and residence permit

A visitor's visa allows you to stay in Norway or other Schengen countries for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days. A residence permit gives you the opportunity to work in Norway and to stay for more than 90 days.

On 3 December 2018 Norway will open 8 new Visa Application Centers (VACs) in the following cities in China: Shenyang, Xian, Wuhan, Chengdu, Chongqing, Changsha, and Kunming in BEIJING Jurisdiction. Hangzhou will be opened in SHANGHAI Jurisdiction. 

Visa Applicants in these cities/provinces, can after 3 December 2018 submit all their supplementary documentation and Biometric data to the new VACs. For further information for the different VACs – please see the following links: 

For Beijing:       
For Shanghai:
For Guangzhou:

For Hong Kong, the following apply: 

1) Nationals that are residents in Hong Kong, but not included in the visa exemption agreement, may submit application for short term stays (tourism or business) to the Consulate of Finland.

2) Nationals that are residents in Hong Kong and have a stay permit valid for more than 6 months, may submit applications for long term stays in Norway (longer than 3 months) for Family Reunification, Work, Study, Au-pair and other Permits, at Finland Visa Application Centre.