Residence permit

Citizens of the Philippines need a residence permit. Please note that the Norwegian Embassy does not represent other countries in matters of residence permits. If you wish to stay for a period exceeding 90 days in either Estonia, Finland, Iceland or Sweden, you should apply for a residence permit to their respective immigration authorities.

For nationals of other countries:

  • Nationals of EU/EEA countries do not need a residence permit to stay or work in Norway. However, all nationals of EU/EEA countries who want to stay for longer than three months must register with the police.
  • Nationals of non-EU/EEA countries who want to work in Norway or to stay for longer than 90 days need a residence permit.

The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) normally processes applications for a residence permit.