The requirements for Officers Endorsement, Tankerman Highest Grade Endorsement, Chief Cook and Application for Master's Dispensation.
Certificate of Receipt of Application
The CRA is a confirmation of the receipt and acceptance of an application for endorsement. The CRA entitles the holder of a foreign certificate to serve temporarily in a position for which a certificate of competency is required on Norwegian ships, fishing vessels and mobile offshore units, until the application for endorsement is processed. The CRA is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
Masters must apply for a dispensation before a CRA can be issued.
Application must include:
- Passport photo with name and date of birth printed at the back
- Application form
- List of Sea Service- need only submit during the last 5 years
- National GMDSS/GOC certificate
Always enclose previous GMDSS/GOC Telenor Endorsement if applying for renewal
The Norwegian Maritime Authority will no longer issue certificates for marine chief cooks. The shipowners/the company will then be responsible for the evaluation of qualifications of the employees they wish to employ as marine chief cook. This means that the company is responsible for making sure that the employee/seafarer they wish to employ as marine chief cook is sufficiently qualified for the position.
Application for Master’s Dispensation
The Embassy authenticates the application for master`s dispensation.The Authentication fee is PHP 1550 for the first four (4) pages, while it is PHP 360 for each succeeding page.
This application should be given to the Embassy in good time, because the Embassy cannot issue a CRA without an instruction fax from NMA.
- Application form, tick off Deck Officer (incl. passport photo)
- List of Sea Service
- Certificate of endorsement
- Certificare of competency
- Maritime administration certificate from NTC-M
- Declaration of Norwegian maritime legislation
- Norwegian health certificate
- Employment agreement
- Seaman's Book
Issuance of yellow book/Fartsoppgave
All requirements must include:
- Copy of Employment Agreement
- National Certificate
- Basic Safety Certificate - revalidated
- NIS Health Certificate
- Seaman's Book
Please follow the link to the oline application for Endorsement and Tankerman Highest Grade of seafarers with STCW certificate issued by maritime administrasjons (countrys) that Norway has an agreement with.
The payment fees for applications.
Processing Fee and Payment
- Processing fee: PHP 3,050 / NOK 510
- Payment should be made through company check upon submission of the documents and be made payable to “Royal Norwegian Embassy”. One check for each seafarer and a waiver stating "I/We allow the electronic clearning of this check and hereby waive the presentation of this original to (name of bank) must appear infront of the check.
Authentication Fee (Application for Master’s Dispensation)
- PHP 1550 / NOK 255 - for the first 4 pages of the application
- PHP 360 / NOK 60 - for the succeeding pages
The Seafarer's Responsibility (Lost/misplaced/expired certificates)
There are alarming numbers of lost/misplaced and expired certificates, and lost or expired certificates can lead to problems and delays. It is important that official documents are kept in a secure manner.
The seafarer should always know where his certificate is. The master and ship owner also have responsibility to keep track of the crews certificates. Always keep track of expiry dates on your certificates. Send your application for renewal in due time and always include the necessary documentation
Lost Endorsements What to do?
We do not accept scanned copies or xerox copies of endorsements. Original should be presented upon mustering. If you loose your endorsement, you should advice your principal, and the principal will have to request for a duplicate from NMD.
If you have inquiries regarding your lost Telenor, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.