For appointments at the Embassy, applicants will pay a passport fee and then provide biometrics in the form of a photograph, two fingerprints and a signature. Those applying for a new passport should calculate between one and two months before the new passport can be collected.
List of things to remember when applying for a passport:
- Valid ID
- Applicants must have a Norwegian identity number.
- When a person under the age of 18 applies for a passport, both parents must appear together with the child to give their consent to the passport being issued. If one of the parents shows up with the child alone, the other must give their consent to the local police in Norway. The police will then send consent directly to the embassy.
- Previous passports must be submitted when applying for a new passport.
- Cash payment of the passport fee payable at the embassy only in banknote:
- Passports cost EUR 120 for people over 16 years of age
- Passports cost EUR 70 for children under 16 years of age
Everyone applying for a passport must appear in person.
We kindly ask applicants to send their full name as written in your Norwegian passport and/or the Norwegian National Population Register, date of birth, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.