These are the new rules:
- Consent can only be given through in-person attendance at a Norwegian embassy, Norwegian consulate or police station in Norway. You must bring valid ID, such as your passport or national ID card.
- Parents do not have to attend the embassy or police station at the same time to give consent. This can be done at different times and at different embassies, consulates or police stations in Norway. However, consent must have been received from both parents before or during the passport appointment for the minor.
- Parents can choose if they want to consent to the issuance of a single passport or if they wish to consent to the issuance of all future passports until the minor turns 18 years old.
- When both parents have given consent to issuance of all future passports, a new passport can be issued for the minor until the minor turns 18 years old.
- Consent for issuance of all future passports for a minor can be withdrawn. However, an already issued passport cannot be withdrawn.
You can read more about the changes to parental consent here (only in Norwegian):
- Pass og nasjonalt ID-kort: Endringar i samtykke for born
- Samtykke for pass og ID-kort til barn og unge