Position: Project Officer on Humanitarian Affairs
Type of employment: Full time, 37,5 hours per week. The is for a period of two years but could be extended. There will be an initial 6 months trial period.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Royal Norwegian Embassy in Kyiv, St. Striletska, 15, Kyiv
Deadline for application: 24th November 2023
The main duties are:
- Follow up Norwegian humanitarian support to Ukraine;
- Support the ongoing dialogue with beneficiaries of Norwegian humanitarian support;
- Contribute to further developing the Embassy’s co-operation with local and international humanitarian organizations;
- Participate in local conferences on humanitarian related issues;
- Provide an appropriate understanding of Ukrainian priorities, needs and key players within the humanitarian field;
- Participate in information sharing meetings with other key actors;
- Regularly reporting on humanitarian affairs;
- Participate in field visits;
- Support to the Counsellor on Humanitarian Affairs;
Please note that the Ambassador may change the employee’s responsibilities in line with changes in the embassy’s priorities.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Ukrainian citizen
- Minimum 25 years old
- Good knowledge of English
- Bachelor or master grade is desired, but relevant work experience may compensate;
- Previous knowledge and experience within the humanitarian field;
- Experience from working abroad and/or in international organisations or embassies will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of writing analytical reports;
Personal qualities and capabilities
- Professional and dedicated;
- Organized and able to work systematically;
- Responsible, trustworthy, flexible and a good team player;
Application must be in English and include a cover letter explaining your motivation for applying, CV with photo and a list of references (please include both email and phone numbers for references).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications can be sent to the Embassy’s e-mail email@example.com
For more information on the position, pls contact Minister Counsellor Jan Flaete [+380 (67) 191 7310 / firstname.lastname@example.org] or Counsellor Johnny Almestad [+380 (67) 287 67 79 / email@example.com]