Residence permit

Citizens of Ghana need a residence permit to work or to take up residence if their intended stay is longer than 90 days (3 months). All enquiries should be directed to the VFS Application Centre (see below).

For nationals of other countries:

  • Nationals of EU/EEA countries do not need a residence permit to stay or work in Norway. However, all nationals of EU/EEA countries who want to stay for longer than three months must register with the police.
  • Nationals of non-EU/EEA countries who want to work in Norway or to stay for longer than 90 days need a residence permit.

The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) normally processes applications for a residence permit.