Check against delivery
Norway [welcomes the steps taken by the Russian Federation to implement the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, but] remains concerned about the human rights situation [in the country].
Norway recommends that the Russian Federation:
- investigate all reports of attacks on, or threats against, human rights defenders, lawyers, journalists, civil society activists and LGBTI persons and bring those responsible to justice;
- repeal legislation and regulations that limit the legitimate exercise of the rights to freedom of expression, association and belief;
- take concrete action to prevent discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation, including by repealing the law against “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations”;
- grant international human rights monitoring bodies full access to all federal subjects of the Russian Federation and territories under its effective control;
- (formally endorse the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and implement its principles in national legislation.)
1) What efforts has the Russian Federation undertaken and what steps does it plan to take in order to fully implement all final judgements in cases to which it has been a party at the European Court of Human Rights as required by Article 46.1 of the European Convention on Human Rights?
2) What steps have the federal authorities of the Russian Federation undertaken to investigate the reports of detention, mistreatment and forced outing of alleged LGBTI persons in Chechnya, protect the victims and bring those responsible to justice?