A visitor's visa allows you to stay in Norway or other countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days.
Citizens of Romania do not need a visitor's visa. Information to applicants residing in Romania: Applications for visitor’s visa and residence permit for Norway are handled by the Norwegian Embassy in Ankara, Turkey. You may submit your application at one of the VFS Global application centers in Kosovo, Serbia or Turkey which collaborate with the Norwegian Embassy in Ankara.
We would like to bring the attention to the importance of the following:
- You should make sure to hand in your visa application at least 25 days before your planned date of travel. This is important because it will take several days sending your application back and forth to Ankara for processing. Normal caseprocessing time when the Embassy in Ankara has received your visa application is 15 days.
- If you apply for a residence permit, please note that the Embassy must have your passport together with the application in order to perform ID-control according to instructions from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway. Therefore, when applying from Kosovo, Turkey or Serbia you should make the necessary arrangements to stay in Kosovo, Turkey or Serbia while the Embassy examines the passport as this may take up to seven (7) days.
Certain rules apply to visa free travel. Details can be found on the UDI’s website: Visit Norway without a visa
For nationals of other countries:
- Nationals of EU/EEA countries and of countries that have a visa exemption agreement with Norway do not need a visa to visit Norway.
- Nationals of all other countries need a visitor’s visa.
New visa rules from February 2020: Please take note of the following changes in the Visa Regulation (Visa Code) which will enter into force 2nd February 2020:
• Increased fees: The visa fees will be increased from EUR 60 to EUR 80. For children between 6 and 12 years old, the visa fee will be increased from EUR 35 to EUR 40.
• Flexible submission: As of 2nd February 2020 travelers will be able to submit their visa applications up to 6 months ahead of the scheduled departure date. Seafarers can apply up to 9 months in advance. As a rule, applications shall be lodged no later than 15 calendar days before the start of the intended visit to the Schengen area. Please note that 15 calendar days are counted from the day the Embassy in Ankara receives your application.
• Processing time: Visa applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days after the embassy or consulate has received the application. The decision period may be extended to 45 days when further consideration is needed.