Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
Please note that you cannot use the Group Application function in the Self Service Portal. All applicants should apply individually.
Schengen visa applications to Norway:
Citizens of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi in addition to other nationalities with a valid residence permit in these countries.
Schengen visa applicantions to Iceland and Lithuania: if you are applying for a visa to travel to one of these countries, you are to follow the same process as if you were to apply for a visa to Norway.