Gather the necessary documentation
The checklist gives an overview of the documents you need to hand in to start the application process.
- To find a complete list of checklists, please go to this page.
- Completed and signed Application Form and Cover Letter from the Application Portal.
- One colour photo not more than six months old, passport size (45 mm x 35 mm), full face and taken against a light background.
- Preliminary ticket booking or travel itinerary (It is recommended not to buy a flight ticket at this stage and wait to purchase the ticket until a visa has been granted).
- Schengen medical travel insurance ,which covers all costs that could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalization or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid for the duration of the stay in all the Schengen countries. See the list of insurance compaines recognised by the Schengen Embassies in Kenya here.
- Letter of invitation (or proof of prepaid accommodation if travelling as a tourist).
- Guarantee Form
- Copy of host's passport or Residence Permit, if a private visit.
- Letter from employed/school/organisation in original, authorising leave of absence (if applicable).
- Certified bank statement (+form), pay slips for the lats three months, title deeds.
- Copy of Certificate of Birth/Marriage/Divorce if applicable.
- Copy of passport data page
If you want someone to act on your behalf in connection with your application, you must authorise this person to do so. Please visit the UDI website for more information and the relevant form: Power of Attorney.
If you give a person Power of Attorney, all communication regarding your application will go to him/her and not to you, the applicant.