Visitor’s visa and residence permit

A visitor's visa allows you to stay in Norway or other Schengen countries for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days. A residence permit gives you the opportunity to work in Norway and to stay for more than 90 days.

Citizens of Jamaica (holding a Jamaican passport) need to apply for a visitor's visa to enter Norway. If you plan to stay longer than 90 days, you need to apply for a residence permit to enter Norway. 

Visa (short stay visa):
Apply for visa to Norway at the Embassy of Belgium in Kingston. Please visit this website for more information.

Residence and work permit (long stay visa):
It is not possible to apply for a residence permit at this location. If you wish to apply for a residence permit, please visit the Norwegian Embassy in Havana, Cuba.