Gather the necessary documentation
When applying for a Norwegian passport, it is your responsibility to provide evidence that you are eligible to be issued a Norwegian passport.
All relevant documentation must be provided in original at the time of appointment. Previously submitted documents will not be considered.
The application form is completed at the time of appointment. In addition, the following documentation must be provided:
Biometric data, including photo
The following biometric data will be captured by the embassy during the appointment:
- For applicants under the age of 10: photo
- For applicants aged 10-12: photo and signature
- For applicants 12 years or older: photo, fingerprints and signature
The embassy will make all endeavours to carry out the required biometric capture during your appointment. However, unforeseen problems may arise either during the appointment or during the subsequent processing. The embassy cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience, financial or otherwise, this may cause.
- Current Norwegian passport.
- Other passport, if applicable.
- Photo ID with signature, if current passport has expired more than three months ago or is lost/stolen.
- Any previous passports which have not been cancelled, if applicable.
- Australian visa - must be documented by Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
- New Zealand visa - must be documented by authorising the embassy to access the information on the online Visa Verification Service or by providing a "Letter of Denial" from the Department of Internal Affairs.
- Documentation from other country of residence confirming resident status, if applicable.
- Statutory declaration (will be provided to you at the time of appointment).
- Documentation of other citizenship, if applicable.
- Documentation of retention of Norwegian citizenship, if applicable.
- Certificate of Norwegian citizenship, if applicable.
- Letter from UDI about release of previous citizenship, if applicable.
- Consent from non-attending parent, including valid photo ID with signature, if applicable, for applicants under the age of 18.
- Valid passport or other photo ID with signature for both parents, for applicants under the age of 18.
- Documentation of both parents' residence status, for applicants under the age of 18. For Australian or New Zealand visa, please as above.
- Police report, if your passport is lost or stolen. The form "Notification of loss of passport" will be completed by the embassy at the time of your appointment.
- Fee (to be paid during your appointment)
The embassy may request further documentation, if deemed necessary.