All countries outside Schengen/EEA are defined as red countries.
Everyone who arrives Norway from a country with a high infection rate (a red country) must be in quarantine for 10 days.
Persons who come to Norway must have a permanent residence in the country, or an employer providing a suitable place of residence upon arrival, i.e. single room accommodation for the first 10 days of their stay in Norway. Persons, including tourists and visitors, who do not have their own residence or an employer providing accommodation in Norway, must stay in a quarantine hotel and undergo testing during the quarantine period. This also applies to people visiting family members in Norway.
The regulations will come into force midnight, Monday 9 November.
For more information regarding quarantine conditions please consult the Norwegian Institute of Public Health’s webpage:
For more information on the entry restrictions to Norway and exemptions, please visit:
Additional visa documentation required due to the Covid-19 situation:
- Reservation of roundtrip airline tickets with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area and specifying entry and exit from Norway. The ticket should be bought only after the visa has been granted.
Note: If the application is approved, the visa will be issued according to the dates on the booking.
- A detailed plan of return:
- Name of medical institution where the nucleic acid test and IgM anti-body test will be taken in Norway and in the transit country, and documentation stating that these tests fulfill the Chinese foreign missions’ requirements for the green health code in Norway and in the transit country.
- Hotel booking in the transit country if needed in order to have time to take the nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests, and obtain the green health codes.
- Travel medical insurance for the duration of the stay in the Schengen area with a minimum coverage of EURO 30 000, including coverage of Covid-19 medical treatment.
Registration form for persons travelling to Norway
From 21 December 2020, all travelers entering Norway are required to register their name, contact details, place of quarantine, employer (if applicable) and any other information requested. The purpose of registration is to ensure compliance with the quarantine requirements, enhance infection control and promote more effective contact tracing.
The registration form must be filled in prior to arrival in Norway, and be handed in to the police at the border control. The registration form can be found here: https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics/koronavirus-covid-19/self-declaration-form-for-persons-who-are-to-undergo-entry-quarantine/id2791503
More information about the registration requirement can be found at the website of the Norwegian Government: https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/government-introduced-registration-requirement-for-all-people-entering-norway/id2815594/
Reduced opening hours and submission possibility for VFS’ Visa Application Centers for Norway:
Due to the extensive restrictions on entry into Norway, it will no longer be possible to submit applications for Schengen visas to Norway at VFS’ visa application centers unless they fall inn under one of the excemptions as listed on the UDI webpage link above. The application centers are open for submissions of applications for residence permits to Norway.
Please note the following information concerning VFS Norway visa application centers for submission of applications for residence permits to Norway:
- Beijing, Shenyang, Chengdu, Chongqing, Changsha and Kunming centers are open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 09:00 to 12:00.
- Wuhan and Xi’an centers are closed.
- From 30 November 2020, Shanghai centre is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 09.00 to 12.00.
- From 30 November 2020, Hangzhou centre is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10.00 to 13.00.
- Guangzhou center is open Mondays and Thursdays 09:00 to 12:00.
- Hong Kong center is open Wednesdays from 09:00 to 14:00.
- Seoul center is open Thursdays and Fridays from 09:00 to 12:00
- Tokyo center is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:00.
- Ulaanbaatar center is open Fridays 9.00 – 15.00.
For any enquiries, please contact VFS Call center or the Norwegian Embassy in Beijing at firstname.lastname@example.org.