As a result, foreigners who do not hold a valid residence permit in Norway will be rejected at the border and refused entry into Norway under provisions of a Norwegian law relating to the control of communicable diseases. For the time being, visas for visitors to Norway will not be granted. Norway now allows entry for foreigners whom have been granted family immigration permits. For an overview of those who now are permitted to travel, please visit the homepage of the Directorate of Immigration.
Furthermore new exceptions for certain short-stay visa categories will enter into force 15th of July. Please consult the links below for detailed information.
For more information on the entry restrictions to Norway and exemptions, please visit:
Please note the following information concerning VFS Norway visa application centers for submission of applications for residence permits to Norway:
- Beijing, Shenyang, Chengdu, Chongqing, Changsha and Kunming centers are open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 09:00 to 12:00. Wuhan and Xi’an centers are closed.
- Shanghai and Hangzhou centers are open Tuesdays and Thursdays 09:00 to 12:00 (Hangzhou 10:00 to 13:00).
- Guangzhou center is open Mondays and Thursdays 09:00 to 12:00.
- Hong Kong center is open Wednesdays from 09:00 to 14:00.
- Seoul center is open Thursdays and Fridays from 09:00 to 12:00
- Tokyo center is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:00.
- Ulaanbaatar center is open Fridays 9.00 – 15.00.
For any enquiries, please contact VFS Call center or the Norwegian Embassy in Beijing at firstname.lastname@example.org.