NEW BRIEFS PUBLISHED (from 22.03.-25.04.2021)
Business and key economic sectors
Environment and climate
Employment and labour markets
- Adult Learning and COVID-19: How much informal and non-formal learning are workers missing?: aims to quantify the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on the ability of workers to participate in informal and non-formal learning activities, using different scenarios developed by the OECD to assess the impact of the coronavirus on economic activity. It also discusses the channels through which such reduction in on-the-job learning opportunities can negatively affect individuals and the economy in addition to the direct disruption they have on economic activity.
- An assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on job and skills demand using online job vacancy data: uses online job vacancy postings as a partial indicator of the impact of COVID-19 on skills demand in five OECD countries (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States) between January and November 2020 showing an aggregate affect and that the crisis affected individuals with different levels of educational qualifications differently and that such effect differed across the countries analysed.
Fiscal and monetary policies
- Tax Administration: Digital Resilience in the COVID-19 Environment: provides a status and pulse check on the impact of the digitalisation of tax administration in dealing with the COVID-19 crisis, with a particular focus on taxpayer services, compliance risk management, remote working, IT systems and providing support for wider government.
Trade and supply chains
BRIEFS CURRENTLY UNDER PREPARATION
- Enhancing public trust in COVID-19 vaccination
- Risks that Matter 2020: The long reach of COVID-19
inequalities and social challenges
- Towards gender-inclusive recovery
- Building a Gender-Equal Recovery, Forum virtual event [28 April]
- A Systemic Recovery, virtual meeting [28 April]
- Fifty Years of Chemical Safety at the OECD [28 April]
- Taxing Wages 2021 [29 April]
- Environmental Review: Ireland 2021 [29 April]
- Preventing Harmful Alcohol Use [30 April]
- Economic Survey: Spain 2021 [30 April]