Newly published and coming policy briefs from the OECD:
Education and skills
- VET in a time of crisis: Building foundations for resilient vocational education and training systems: examines the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on VET systems and their responses in OECD countries; presents steps governments can take to build foundations for tomorrow's strong and resilient VET systems.
- Coronavirus special edition: Back to school: describes the challenges the pandemic has brought to education around the world in the short and medium term, and policy options.
Employment and labour markets
- Public employment services in the frontline for jobseekers, workers and employers: provides guidance on how public and private employment services (PES) can be agile and quickly adapt to the new situation.
Business and key economic sectors
- Investment promotion agencies in the time of Covid-19: reviews the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on international investment flows and government responses.
- Corporate sector vulnerabilities during the Covid-19 outbreak: Assessment and policy responses: investigates the financial vulnerability of non-financial firms associated with introduced confinement measures, evaluates the extent to which firms may run into a liquidity crisis, and discusses the immediate steps that governments can take to reduce the risks and the depth of such a crisis.
- Policy responses to Covid-19 in the seed sector: discusses potential disruptions to the seed sector and provides recommendations for minimising them.
- Insurance coverage and Covid-19: provides key policy considerations to address the insurance coverage gaps.
- A systemic resilience approach to dealing with Covid-19 and future shocks: shows how the Covid-19 crisis has reduced the resilience of key systems to shocks and proposes a systems approach based on resilience to prepare socio-economic systems for future shocks.
- Equity injections and unforeseen state ownership of enterprises during the Covid-19 crisis: discusses the case for equity injection into ailing firms, the rationale for state ownership and elements of good ownership practices.
- Covid-19 and the food and agriculture sector: Issues and policy responses: discusses the outlook for the food sector in view of Covid-19 and proposes short-term and long-term policy responses.
- OECD competition policy responses to Covid-19: discusses how competition policy can help address the immediate challenges raised by the Covid-19 crisis whilst looking to the post-pandemic future and the contribution of markets to medium and long-term economic recovery.
International co-operation and development
- Covid-19, crisis and fragility: describes the impact of Covid-19 in fragile contexts and measures that can be taken to mitigate such impact.
- Developing countries and development co-operation: What is at stake?: describes the health crisis faced by developing countries and the economic, social and sustainable development consequences, and provides policy solutions to respond to the shocks.
- Covid-19 in Emerging Asia: Regional socio-economic implications and policy priorities: explores the policy reactions of Emerging Asian countries to the crisis and its socio-economic implications.
Inequalities and social challenges
- Combatting Covid-19’s effect on children: discusses the impact of Covid-19 on children, as well as policy challenges and responses.
Digitalisation and innovation
- Providing science advice to policy makers during Covid-19: discusses the importance of clearly communicating scientific evidence and advice, and provides key recommendations for providing science advice to policy makers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Protecting online consumers during the Covid-19 crisis: describes the effects that Covid-19 has on consumer behaviour, and the key role that businesses and governments can play in maintaining consumer trust.
- Keeping the Internet up and running in times of crisis: provides an overview of the impact of Covid-19 on communication networks, and provides recommendations on how to maintain and support networks to meet the changing demand.
- Using artificial intelligence to help combat Covid-19: describes the role of AI technologies and tools in the Covid-19 crisis response, and provides recommendations.
Fiscal and monetary policies
- Foreign direct investment flows in the time of Covid-19: examines the current situation for FDI flows, and considers various scenarios for the impact of the pandemic on FDI flows in the medium and long term.
- Public servants and the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic: Emerging responses and initial recommendations: examines how governments across the OECD are managing public servants in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and identifies initial opportunities for managing and harnessing change.
- Regulatory quality and Covid-19: Managing the risks and supporting the recovery: outlines practices to follow to ensure effective regulations during the times of crisis.
Trade and supply chains
- Trade interdependencies in Covid-19 goods: describes the strong interdependence in trade in Covid-19 goods and the importance of reducing trade restrictions on such products.
- The face mask global value chain in the Covid-19 outbreak: Evidence and policy lessons: provides information on the global value chain for the production of masks, analyses the causes of the shortages, and reviews the short-term and long-term policy options.
Regional, local and cities
- Coronavirus (Covid-19), from pandemic to recovery: Local employment and economic development: provides evidence on the importance of local action to help address the short-term and long-term consequences of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Briefs currently under preparation:
Business & key economic sectors
- Business and finance responses to Covid-19
- Electric mobility: Taking the pulse in times of Coronavirus
Digitalisation & innovation
- How innovative STI policy approaches can help fight Covid-19
- Start-ups in the time of Covid-19: Facing the challenges, considering the opportunities
Education & skills
- EDU Education Indicators in Focus: Social outcomes of education and why they matter even more during the crisis
- Contribution of migrant doctors and nurses to tackling COVID-19 crisis in OECD countries
- Readiness of health information systems to respond to Covid-19 and other health emergencies?
International co-operation & development
- COVID-19 and Africa: Socio-economic implications and policy responses
- When a global virus confronts local realities: Coronavirus (COVID-19) in West Africa
- A “debt standstill” for the poorest countries: How much is at stake?
Inequalities & social challenges
- The impact of Covid-19 on forcibly displaced persons
Regional, local & cities
- Italian regional SME policy responses
- Respacing our cities for resilience
Trade & supply chains
- Global container shipping and the Corona crisis