VACANT POSITION AS DRIVER/CUSTODIAN AT THE ROYAL NORWEGIAN EMBASSY IN ROME
We are looking for punctual and practically oriented candidates for the position as driver and custodian at the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Rome.
Driver responsibilities include ensuring that the Embassy’s transportation needs are met, i.a. safe and comfortable driving, route planning, arranging maintenance services (incl. cleaning). Candidates must be willing to work outside office hours (evenings), and able to carry out tasks requiring a certain physical stamina.
The ideal candidate will also be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep.
- Driver at the disposal of the Embassy. Delivery and pick-up service.
- Planning each route based on road and traffic conditions.
- Arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle.
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks and assist in the upkeep of diplomatic personnel houses, i.a. moving furniture, performing minor maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure and carry out good order at outer premises, incl. by cleaning entrances and patio.
- Practical assistance at events at the official residence.
- Assume other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Ambassador.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations.
- At least 3 years of work experience as a driver in a similar working environment.
- Fluent speaker in Italian. Preferably B1 level (able to cope in most situations where English is used) in English or in a Scandinavian language.
- Preferably experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role.
- Completed minimum secondary school or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office-tools).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Solid understanding of security procedures.
- A keen eye for detail and diligence.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding work-related information.
The Embassy can offer
- Full time position. Working hours: 36 hours per week. Sometimes outside normal office hours.
- Salary to be agreed.
- 26 days of holiday entitlement per year.
- An inclusive and positive working environment.
- Uniform and working clothes.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Italy.
- Staff members recruited locally by the Norwegian Embassy are subjected to terms and conditions of Service according to Italian law.
- References will be contacted for shortlisted candidates.
- An application letter (one page maximum in Italian or English (or in a Scandinavian language). stating why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the position, giving brief examples of how you have applied the above competencies in a previous role.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
Application (including a Curriculum Vitae) should be sent to [email protected].
Please quote in the subject line: “Application for the position as driver/custodian”.
For candidates who are shortlisted and called for an interview, we would require that you bring copies of education certificates/diplomas and testimonials of work experience with you, and contact information for three references (not family members). Please note that a short part of the interview will be in English (or in a Scandinavian language, according to the choice of the candidate).
Prior to an employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a certificate issued by the competent authority confirming the absence of any criminal record. A health certificate will also be required.
Between November 14th to 22nd, any questions regarding the position may be directed to First Secretary of Embassy, Mrs Erica M. Schøning, (tel.: 06 452 38100).
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 24 November 2019