Responsibilities include regular accounting, preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements, undertaking financial administration and internal audits, controlling and forecasting income and expenditure and liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
The administrative role will also include assisting in personnel management and management of the Embassy’s owned and rented properties, liaising with relevant organisations (landlords, suppliers etc.) and clients, and other administrative functions which may be assigned, including assisting in consular cases.
Training in the application of the Norwegian Foreign Service’s accounting system will be provided.
- Work experience as an accountant.
- Good oral and written communication skills in one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Excellent knowledge of the Italian language.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Experience in applying relevant ICT accounting programs.
- The ability to be proactive and use your initiative: to see what needs doing and to do it.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding work-related information.
- Completed minimum secondary school or equivalent.
- Preferably a degree in accounting or business administration.
The Embassy can offer
- Full time position. Working hours: 36 hours per week. Sometimes outside normal office hours.
- Salary to be agreed.
- 26 days of holiday entitlement per year.
- An inclusive and positive working environment.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Italy.
- Staff members recruited locally by the Norwegian Embassy are subjected to terms and conditions of Service according to Italian law.
- References will be contacted for shortlisted candidates.
An application letter (one page maximum) in Italian or English (or in a Scandinavian language) stating why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the position, giving brief examples of how you have applied the above competencies in a previous role.
Application (including a Curriculum Vitae) should be sent to [email protected]
Please quote in the subject line: “Application for the position as accountant/administrative assistant”.
For candidates who are shortlisted and called for an interview, we would require that you bring copies of education certificates/diplomas and testimonials of work experience with you, and contact information for three references (not family members).
Prior to an employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a certificate issued by the competent authority confirming the absence of any criminal record. A health certificate will also be required.
As from 13 January 2020, any questions regarding the position may be directed to First Secretary of Embassy, Mrs Erica M. Schøning, (tel.: 06 452 38100).
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 17 January 2020.