The Norwegian Embassy Section in Antananarivo is presently recruiting an education specialist to work full-time as programme officer at its office in Antananarivo. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply within the deadline 10 February 2020. The Embassy Section is a branch to the Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria. The staff consists of three local employees and one diplomat. The Embassy Section is responsible for communication on political, economic and social affairs in Madagascar, management of development cooperation (education and governance) and contact with Norwegian citizens living in or visiting Madagascar.
- Programme management and analysis
- Grant management of the development cooperation portfolio (especially related to education and gender based violence).
- Dialogue on new support to the education sector.
- Collaboration with national partners, international agencies and NGOs on technical and financial issues related to our development cooperation.
- Analysis and reporting on socio-economic and related political issues.
- Administrative tasks
- Use of the electronic project management system.
- Disbursement of financial contributions.
The following qualifications and experience will be emphasised in the recruitment:
- Relevant higher education (preferably at masters level)
- Proven knowledge of the Malagasy education sector, public administration and political/economic development.
- Experience with management of international development programmes.
- Fluency in French and English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Flexibility and ability to take on new tasks.
- Ability to work structured, independently and efficient.
- Ability to obtain medical and security clearances.
- This vacancy is open to Malagasy citizen and non-Malagasy citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in Madagascar. Non-Malagasy citizen must have a long-term Malagasy visa to be eligible for consideration, and will be compensated on the same schedule of salaries and benefits as are Malagasy citizens.
The Embassy Section offers a competitive salary depending on qualifications, and we offer a positive and inspiring working environment. Interested candidates are requested to submit a written application and detailed CV (in French or English) to the Norwegian Embassy Section, Royal Norwegian [email protected] , not later than 10 February 2020. Applicants are required to provide at least three (3) references with complete contact information, including professional relationship, current e-mail address and telephone numbers, who are not family members or relatives. Questions about the position may be addressed through the e-mail address above.