The Norwegian Embassy in Mexico City is recruiting a Political and Communications Adviser. We are a small embassy with a dynamic team covering a very broad range of issues accredited to Mexico and six countries in Central America.
We are looking for a new colleague who is creative, analytical, flexible, self-driven and who enjoys working in a fast moving environment. You must have excellent communication skills, vast knowledge of Mexican and Central American politics, and be fluent in Spanish and English.
As the Political and Communications Adviser, you will:
- Develop a strong network of local government officials, civic bodies, research agencies, the media, political parties, and others concerned with political issues.
- Identify issues for research and analysis.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data such as election results and public opinion surveys, reporting on findings, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Update and advise the Ambassador and relevant mission staff on political developments.
- Support the Ambassador and embassy colleagues in relations with the press and public relations departments.
- Contribute to the Embassy’s social media channels.
- Write speeches and prepare presentations and other material for the Ambassador.
- Answer general requests for information from the public.
Does this sound like you? If so, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the 30th of August.
The cover letter should not be longer than 300 words in total. Applications that do not conform to the above standards will not be considered.
For answers to any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.