The Norwegian Embassy in Mexico City is now recruiting a Political Adviser for a one-year project position with the possibility for extension to a permanent position at the Embassy.
We are looking for a new colleague who is creative, analytical, flexible, self-driven and who enjoys working in a fast-moving environment. You must have a vast knowledge of Mexican politics, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a team player, and be fluent in Spanish and English.
As our Political Adviser, you will work closely with the rest of the political team in the Embassy, and you will:
- Develop a strong network of local government officials, civic bodies, research agencies, the media, political parties, and others concerned with political issues in Mexico.
- Identify issues for research and analysis of bilateral interest between Mexico and Norway in both the political and economic sector
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data such as election results and public opinion surveys, reporting on findings, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Update and advise the Ambassador and relevant mission staff on political and economic developments in Mexico.
- Contribute to the Embassy’s social media channels.
- Write speeches and prepare presentations and other material for the Ambassador and relevant mission staff.
- Represent the Embassy in meetings.
- Answer general requests for information from the public and business community.
Does this sound like you? If so, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the 8th of October. The cover letter should not be longer than 300 words in total. Applications that do not conform to the above standards will not be considered.
Salary range: 40 – 50 000 pesos a month before taxes.
For answers to any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org