The Norwegian Embassy in Mexico City is recruiting a Political and Project Adviser for Central America. We are a small embassy with a dynamic team covering a very broad range of issues accredited to Mexico and six countries in Central America.
We are looking for a new colleague who is analytical, organized, flexible and self-driven. You have experience with grant management, including project coordination, monitoring, performance work and budget management. In addition, you must have excellent communication skills, in-depth knowledge of Central American politics and society, and you must be fluent in Spanish and English.
As our Political and Project Adviser for Central America, you will:
- Maintain and strengthen networks with key actors in Central America, including civil society organizations and partners in development projects.
- Monitor and analyze the political, economic, and social situation in Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua, and advise the diplomatic personnel on socio-political matters that are relevant in the region.
- Provide technical and financial follow-up and monitoring of development cooperation projects funded by the Norwegian government.
- Prepare and carry out trips to Central American countries to follow up on political, diplomatic, economic and cooperation matters.
- Give visibility to the work of the embassy in relevant social networks.
- Answer general requests for information from the public.
Does this sound like you? If so, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the 30th of May.
The cover letter should not be longer than 300 words in total. Applications that do not conform to the above standards will not be considered.
The selected candidate will be expected to start at the Embassy on, or before, the 9th of August 2021.
For answers to any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.