The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Bogota contributes to the development of bilateral relations between Norway and Colombia. The Embassy currently has seven diplomatic staff and nine locally employed staff members.
The Embassy’s focus areas are the peace processes as well as implementation in the post-conflict period, climate change and REDD+, human rights, women’s rights and gender equality and commercial issues.
The Embassy in Bogota now seeks an experienced locally employed programme officer to strengthen our development cooperation team to work with project and grant management. Other relevant tasks include analysis of results frameworks, budgets, auditor reports, narrative reports and partners, assessment of project applications, writing of decision documents, preparing for payments, as well as follow-up of correspondence and meetings with organizations.
The Embassy can offer a dynamic and stimulating work environment, with good opportunities for professional growth, as well as a competitive salary.
If this sounds interesting, and you are the right candidate, please send your application electronically to the Embassy (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 4, 2021, including the following:
- A brief application letter stating your motivation for applying
- CV in English
- List of three references, including e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and information of their relationship to candidate.
- Please put the following title in the subject line: “Programme officer 2021”
Selected candidates will be invited to a job interview. Desired start date is as soon as possible.
Information about the position
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide advice across relevant topics of project and grant management
- Provide information and analysis related to results frameworks, budgets, audits and narrative reports
- Review and advise on project proposals as well as provide quality assurance, monitoring and effective management of development projects supported by the Embassy
- Gather and analyse relevant information from development partners, media and networks;
- Plan and organize meetings with partners
- Assist in the coordination and representation in international donor groups;
- Other tasks as required necessary
- University degree
- Minimum three years’ work experience from government, international development organizations or agencies, civil society or private sector
- Project and grant management experience in the field of development cooperation
- Expertise in financial issues related to project and grant management will be valued
- Fluency in Spanish and English, written and spoken
- Experience from and/or knowledge of the UN, as well as work with gender and humanitarian issues is desirable
- High ethical awareness and personal integrity
- Ability to work well in a team, but also at times to work more independently
- Good communication skills, both written and orally
- Well structured, systematic approach, results oriented
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- A good work environment
- Opportunities for professional development