Information about the position
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide advice across relevant topics for the effective implementation of Norway’s climate and forest partnership.
- Provide information and analysis related to the climate and forest policy in Colombia, REDD+, green growth and other areas prioritized by NICFI.
- Provide advice on project and grant management, including information and analysis related to results frameworks, budgets, audits, financial and narrative reports.
- Review and advise on project proposals as well as provide quality assurance, monitoring and effective management of climate and forest projects and multi-donor funds supported or managed by the Embassy
- Contribute to effective cooperation with other bilateral donors, multilateral development institutions, civil society and private sector.
- Draft minutes from seminars/meetings and contribute to draft reports based on the Embassy’s analytical work.
- Plan and organise meetings, seminars, receptions, and prepare programs for visiting delegations.
- Provide input on request to expert meetings, technical and steering committees related to the initiatives financed by Norway.
- Contribute to the day to day work of the Embassy in Colombia; engage in representation and coordination as requested by the Head of Mission.
- Develop and update a relevant network of contacts (government, donors, NGOs, academia, private sector).
- Other tasks as required necessary
- Master’s degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental law, Economics, Sciences, Development Policy, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in the field of environment, climate change and development from government, international development agencies, civil society or private sector.
- Expertise in policy advisory, advocacy and ability of engagement with different levels of government.
- Expertise in the area of climate change, environmental policy, sustainable development, forest management and conservation, green growth or similar areas.
- Experience in technical assistance/cooperation programmes, training/capacity building initiatives and grant management knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish, ability to communicate ideas effectively and write quickly and clearly.
- Ability to manage challenging tasks and deliver on time and to a high standard.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work in terms of importance, timescales and other resource constraints, re-prioritising in light of changing circumstances.
- Flexibility to make regular field visits to the Initiatives supported by the
Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Experience in providing advisory services to donor agencies.
- Direct implementation experience in programming and policy development in forest and climate change mitigation and sustainable rural development
- Experience working with local and ethnic communities.
- Grant management
- Communication for climate change mitigation and environmental management.
- Financing and investment for climate change.
- High ethical awareness and personal integrity.
- Ability to work well in a team, but also at times to work independently with only minimum guidance.
- Well structured, systematic approach to problem solving, analytical mindset, results oriented.
- Ability to actively participate in meetings, forums, seminars and represent the embassy in different scenarios.
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- A good work environment.
- Exposure to a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, within an area which is given high priority by the Government of Norway.
- Opportunities for professional development, and to develop a good network of contacts.
You can find the PDF version of this job announcement here.