Visitor’s visa and residence permit

A visitor's visa allows you to stay in Norway or other Schengen countries for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days. A residence permit gives you the opportunity to work in Norway and to stay for more than 90 days.

Citizens of Zambia must apply for a visitor’s visa. Citizens of Zambia need a residence permit in order to work or to take up residence for longer than 90 days.

In Zambia, the Swedish mission handles short stay visa applications on behalf of Norway. Please refer to The Swedish Embassy’s website for further information. Zambian citizens applying for a residency permit for Norway can submit their application at the Norwegian Embassy in Malawi.


The Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka

The Norwegian Embassy in Lilongwe, Malawi.