Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from Vietnam you must either be a citizen of Vietnam or Lao PDR, or legally reside in one of the two countries.
In Vietnam applicants for visa and residence permits submit their application at a visa application centre run by the external service provider VFS Global.
If you want someone to act on your behalf in connection with your application, you must authorize this person to do so. Please visit the UDI website for more information and the relevant form.
Travelling as a group? Please click here for a smooth process.