Applying for a Norwegian passport or personal number
Steps for applying for a Norwegian passport or personal number at the Consulate General in San Francisco:
- Read the information on this page carefully, including the relevant checklist.
- Book an appointment at the Consulate General in San Francisco through our online booking system (see below).
- Gather all necessary documentation and fill in all forms before your appointment.
In response to the Covid-19 epidemic, these are the guidelines for appointments at our offices on the 39th floor of 575 Market Street.
- The appointment calendar is open for appointments for passport and personal number applications from June 8 and onwards, for up to 3 weeks in advance.
- As a health precautions we can receive visitor(s) for 1 - one - appointment at the time.
- An appointment is 40 minutes long, to allow necessary cleaning between visitors.
- Maximum two persons from one family can visit and be processed within the 40 minutes.
- Families of more than two must contact us to book appointments tailored to their number and need.
- It is essential that paperwork and necessary copies are prepared before appointments.
- A “no cash” policy is enforced. We accept payment by personal or cashier’s check or money order.
- Early arrivers will not be allowed entry to our floor before the appointed time.
- Late arrivers will have to reschedule their appointments or have to wait until the end of the day.
- Do not bring with you persons that are irrelevant to the appointment.
The San Francisco Mayor’s office has issued an ordinance that face masks must be worn outdoor at all times. Face masks must be kept on when in our building and during the appointment in our offices.
You must present yourself at the Front desk in the lobby of the building, where they will have to identify you as a registered visitor to the Norwegian Consulate General.
We are presently unable to receive visitors who have not made an appointment.
It is presently not possible to hand in applications for Retention or Reclaim of Norwegian citizenship.
Appointments for other consular affairs are available on request by e-mail to [email protected] or by calling +1-415-882-2000.
Please book your passport or personal number appointment below: