This is a highly multipurpose role. You will work in close cooperation with the Consul General and the rest of the team to engage with other countries, tech giants, start-ups, universities, civil society, cities and regions, offering valuable insights in Techplomacy. You will help to make sure we create added value to both government and other stakeholders in Norway.
The position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of emerging tech trends and their societal, political and economic impacts.
- Follow and report on current trends and developments within sectors important to Norwegian value creation, such as innovation, digitalization, climate and energy, tech-clusters, research and higher education.
- Writing articles and active use of social media to reach target audiences.
- In cooperation with Innovation Norway, promote Norwegian business in the Bay Area and the rest of our consular district, including connecting Norwegian actors with relevant US stakeholders, institutions and individuals.
- Strengthen Norway’s network to academic and research institutions.
- Organize visits for official delegations, groups and individuals from Norway.
- Develop networks and implement activities such as workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Contribute in promoting the Consulate General’s activities through social media and other channels of communication.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Relevant work experience and education.
- Good knowledge of the Bay Area’s tech and business environment. A good network in the area will be valued.
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about Norwegian business environment
- Political understanding.
- Proven ability to take responsibility and implement plans both when working in teams and when initiating independent projects. Flexibility during peak periods is expected.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good cooperation and networking skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
- Proficiency in English required. Norwegian language skill is a major advantage.
- Valid residence and work permit in the US.
Conditions of Employment:
Local terms and conditions will apply for the position. We offer an excellent working environment with varied tasks and wages in accordance with agreement.
The applicant must hold a residence and work permit in the United States.
Norwegian employees at the Consulate General are liable to pay tax to Norway, and are mandatory members of the Norwegian National Insurance scheme and Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
For inquiries, please contact: Consul Helge Marstrander, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and references, and should be marked “Application for Adviser position” and sent to email@example.com. Please send cover letter, resume and all other documentation in one file.
Application deadline: January 10, 2021.