It is a leader in areas as diverse as shipping, gender equality, energy production, fisheries, and climate technology.
Norway’s partnership with the U.S. spans many areas, and its Embassy in Washington, D.C., is the country’s largest bilateral mission. More than 50 people work there, including approximately 30 diplomats and 20 local staff members. The diplomats include Foreign Service personnel as well as envoys from specialized Norwegian government agencies and the office of the Defense Attaché.
The Embassy’s mission is to further develop relations with all parts of the U.S. government, including the administration, Congress, and individual state governments, across all areas of cooperation.
We are looking for a service-minded junior front desk receptionist.
The person in this role is responsible for greeting and welcoming visitors in a friendly and professional manner. They provide prompt and courteous service to visitors, whether on the phone or in person. The position will also assist with various procurements.
Tasks will consist of:
- Ensuring high quality service while following all safety protocols
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Providing basic and accurate information to callers and visitors
- Assisting with procurements
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing mail and deliveries
- Participating in regularly scheduled mandatory meetings
- Keeping the reception area tidy and presentable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Flexible and service-minded
- Preferred: knowledge of the Norwegian language or an interest in learning
Conditions of employment:
U.S. law applies. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, a 30-hour week (Monday-Friday), 25 days of annual vacation, and a pleasant work environment with interesting and varied tasks.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or holders of a U.S. residence/work permit.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and references, which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the application “Front desk receptionist, [your name.]”
For further information, please contact Counselor Heidi Aakre at +1 (202) 469-3911.
Deadline: October 1, 2023.