The Consulate General’s main task is to promote Norwegian interests, assist Norwegian citizens, companies and institutions. We represent Norway in California and 12 other states on the west coast. Our office is centrally located in downtown San Francisco. The Consulate General works closely with Innovation Norway and the Nordic Innovation House in Palo Alto as well as with the other Norwegian foreign missions in the United States.
The positions responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Follow and report on current trends and developments within sectors important to Norwegian value creation, such as innovation, digitalization, climate and energy, tech-clusters, research and higher education.
• In cooperation with Innovation Norway, promote Norwegian business in the Bay Area and the rest of our consular district by among others connecting Norwegian actors with relevant US stakeholders, institutions and individuals.
• Strengthen Norway’s network to academic and research institutions
• Organize visits for official delegations, groups and individuals from Norway.
• Develop networks and implement activities such as workshops, seminars and conferences.
• Contribute in promoting the Consulate General’s activities through social media and other channels of communication.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Relevant work experience and education
• Good knowledge of the Bay Area’s tech and business environment. A good network in the area will be valued.
• Knowledge of, or interest in learning about Norwegian business environment
• Proven ability to take responsibility and implement plans both when working in teams and when initiating independent projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good cooperation and networking skills
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity
• Proficiency in English required
• Valid residence and work permit in the US
Conditions of Employment:
Local terms and conditions will apply for the position. We have an excellent working environment with varied tasks and wages in accordance with agreement.
The applicant must be a US citizen or a holder of a residence permit and work permit in the United States.
Norwegian employees at the Consulate General are liable to pay tax to Norway, and are mandatory members of the Norwegian National Insurance scheme and Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
For inquiries, please contact: Consul Bente Lyngstad, email@example.com.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and references, and should be marked “Application for Senior Adviser position” and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send cover letter, resume and all other documentation in one file.
Application deadline: April 25, 2019.