The consulate in New York was established in 1906 and is the oldest and largest Norwegian Consulate General in the United States. The office in New York provides consular services for 22 states on the East Coast of the U.S. Cultural exchange between the US and Norway together with the support of Norwegian economic interests are among our main priorities. The Commercial and Public Affairs Officer will be part of a small team in support of the Norwegian Government’s diplomatic, economic and public diplomacy objectives in New York. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain important local networks relevant to Norwegian business opportunities and Norwegian interests in New York and the East Coast. Work together with Innovation Norway, The Norwegian Chamber of Commerce, Norwegian Seafood Council and the other Norwegian diplomatic postings in the US on events and projects as Team Norway New York.
- Maintain good bilateral relations between Norway and local authorities on state and city level and collecting up-to-date information and data related to potential business opportunities for Norwegian firms in New York.
- Plan and manage program elements and other promotional services for visits by the Prime Minister, Ministers, other high level officials and for the Consul General.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Consulate’s digital presence and digital diplomacy strategies in New York. Including managing web sites and social media profiles.
- Use the Consulate’s communication platforms to promote Norwegian culture, technology, innovation, and promoting Norwegian policy areas of Norwegian priority in New York.
- Higher education or relevant previous experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of the Norwegian language is beneficial but not a requirement)
- Experience from - or a wide network within - the New York startup, finance or business community is desirable
- A strong ability to both work independently, take responsibility and work as a member of international project teams
- Experience in media, public relations and/or marketing is desirable
- Good IT Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Compensation to be settled based on qualification and experience
- Starting date mid- August or by agreement
- Hand in application before May 12. 2017
Other: The Commercial and Public Affairs Officer must hold a valid residence and work permit in the U.S. (Be US citizen, holder of green card or A or G visa) State clearly in your application which permit you hold.
For inquieries please contact: email@example.com
You can submitt your application here.