The Residence of the Ambassador hosts between 100 – 150 events annually, with 5,000 – 6,000 guests entertained at the Ambassador’s Residence each year.
- Planning, coordinating and executing all events in the Ambassador’s residence and assisting with external events
- Manage and coordinate Residence staff, including Executive Chef
- Manage the Residence’s calendar and schedule of events
- Advice on protocol matters
- Meet and greet guests and assist with requests as needed
- Administrative tasks, including supporting the maintenance of the network database and guest list of the Embassy
The position requires working occasional holidays and weekends, and some early mornings and late nights.
- Broad experience in planning and executing small to large events and with exposure to international dignitaries, officials and business leaders. Minimum of three years of experience in a similar environment.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Applicants should have completed higher education
- Knowledge of diplomatic and U.S. government systems
- Experience in event management
- Experience with protocol matters is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Strong communication and networking skills as well as team spirit
- Flexible and inclusive
- Ability to work independently and to react to situations, which may arise without constant supervision
- Ability to manage fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle the pressure of juggling multiple competing tasks and demands
- Maintain high standards
- Organized and efficient
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. This position requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and discretion
Conditions of Employment:
Local conditions will apply for the position. We offer a competitive salary and excellent working environment with interesting and varied tasks.
The applicant must be a US citizen, or a holder of a residence permit and work permit in the United States.
Norwegian employees at the Embassy are liable to pay tax to Norway, and are mandatory members of the Norwegian National Insurance scheme and Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Applications should include cover letter, resume, and references, and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October, 2018
For further information, please contact Administrative Counsellor Siri Frette Allsted (email@example.com).