A valid residence and work permit in the United States is a requirement.
Under normal circumstances the Residence of the Ambassador and the Embassy host between 100 – 150 events annually, with 5,000 – 6,000 guests entertained each year. Meals range from casual breakfasts of three guests to large banquet dinners with 80 guests. Receptions with between 50 and 500 guests come in addition to this.
- Assisting with daily operations at the Ambassador’s residence including cleaning, laundry, setting and decorating the dining table, and serving meals.
- Meet and greet guests and assist with requests as needed.
- Running errands.
- Assisting with events held at the embassy including setup, serving food and beverages and clean-up.
The position frequently requires working early mornings and late nights as well as occasional holidays and weekends.
- Experience as a housekeeper and server
- Good operational level of English, both written and spoken
- Strong communication skills as well as team spirit
- Flexible and inclusive
- Ability to work independently and to react to situations, which may arise without constant supervision
- Ability to manage fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle the pressure of juggling multiple competing tasks and demands
- Maintain high standards
- Organized and efficient
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. This position requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and discretion
Conditions of Employment:
Local conditions will apply for the position. We offer a competitive salary and excellent working environment with interesting and varied tasks.
Norwegian employees at the Embassy are liable to pay tax to Norway, and are mandatory members of the Norwegian National Insurance scheme and Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Applications should include cover letter, resume, and references, and must be sent to email@example.com. Please note that the deadline for applications is November 30, 2021.
For further information, please contact Ms Valeska Ruiken, phone +1 (207) 469-3911 or Ms Heidi Aakre, phone +1 (202) 704 7122.