The diplomats include Foreign Service personnel as well as envoys from several specialized Norwegian government agencies, including seven military officers working in the office of the Defense Attaché.
Our Embassy consists of two buildings. The first is the Chancery on 34th Street, which was first constructed in 1978 and completely rebuilt in 2020-21. The second building is the Ambassador’s Residence next door, built in 1930 and renovated in 2015-16. In total, the properties are approximately 45,000 square feet.
The listed position, maintenance worker, will be a member of the Embassy’s administration team.
The position is responsible for maintenance-related duties during office hours. Outside office hours, the position is on call to support and follow up operational issues in the Residence and Chancery.
- Miscellaneous maintenance duties
- Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of documented experience with maintenance work required
- Experience and/or education in mechanical or construction management fields preferred
- Experience with Microsoft computer software required
- Valid driver's license
- Good cooperation and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and follow up
- Service-minded and flexible, with an eye for detail
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and as a team player
Conditions of employment
U.S. law will apply for the position. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 25 days of annual vacation, and a very good working environment with interesting and varied tasks.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, or a holder of a residence and work permit in the United States.
Applications should include a cover letter, a resume, and references, and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the application “Maintenance worker application – your name.”
For further information, please contact Counselor Heidi Aakre (email@example.com).
Deadline: May 23, 2022