Applying for a Norwegian Passport, National Identity Number or Citizenship
Thales, who produces Norwegian passports and ID cards, have reported material shortage and reduced capacity due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the war in Europe. This affects Norway and other European countries. The Consulate General requests that applicants who already have a valid passport from another country or do not have an urgent need for a Norwegian passport, to wait until the fall of 2022 to renew their Norwegian passport.
Steps for applying for a Norwegian passport or national identity number at the Consulate General in Houston:
Read the information on this page carefully, including the relevant checklist(s).
Book an appointment at the Consulate General in Houston through our online booking system (see below).
Gather all necessary documentation and fill in all forms before your appointment.
Instructions for Passports, Personal Numbers and Citizenship can be found on the Norwegian Embassy's website:
- The appointment calendar is open for appointments 90 days in advance.
- Do not come to the Consulate General if anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms like cough, fever, shortness of breath, have traveled abroad during the last 14 days or have been in contact with anyone who has been infected.
- Appointment times are either 9 a.m., 11 a.m., or 2 p.m. and are approximately 30 minutes long.
- Only the applicants themselves may enter the Consulate, but persons from the same household may have an appointment together (e.g. mother and father with children).
- It is essential that paperwork and necessary copies are prepared before appointments.
- A “no cash” policy is enforced. We accept payment by credit or debit card only.
- Visitors arriving by car use the call button by the entrance for parking access.
- Visitors by foot may use the call button by the Main Entrance to be let inside the building.
- We will only accept pre-scheduled appointments and by first come, first served basis for the available time slots. “Walk-ins” will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about these procedures please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments for other consular affairs: Please select "Other" as Type of Appointment and add a detailed description in the "Description" field. We will contact you if we need more information.
When you are ready, please book your appointment below: