The Embassy handles applications for visa and residence permits from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Qatar, Yemen, Pakistan and Afghanistan. The applicants should have at least two years of relevant work experience. The permanent position is vacant from August 1st 2022. It will be an advantage if candidates are able to start working for the Embassy from this date.
Duties and responsibilities
- The visa officer will be working on both visa and residence cases. The visa officer will be expected to carry out the following tasks, amongst others:
- Register applications
- Perform control of persons and documents (ID control)
- Print visa stickers
- Organize and file cases
- Handle incoming correspondence, e-mail queries and phone calls
- Conduct interviews with applicants
- Carry out DNA tests of applicants
- Receive applications in the Visa Section’s reception during opening hours (most applications are received through an external service provider).
- The following qualifications are required:
- Fluency (written and oral) in English.
- Proficiency in computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Relevant higher education (e.g. university degree). Long and relevant experience may compensate for higher education.
- The following qualifications will be an advantage:
- Proficiency in Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Urdu and Pashto
- Good knowledge of legal framework and social and cultural situation in one or more of the following countries: Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Experience from work with visa applications
Skills and competences
- Ability to work structured, independently and efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both written and orally
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work in stressful situations
- Integrity, loyalty and a professional approach
- Practical and operational skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Service minded
Terms and conditions
- Working contract according to local law
- Salary in accordance with education/experience and skills
- Working days: Sunday-Thursday 08:30-16
- Holidays: 25 days annual vacation
- The successful candidate should be a holder of a valid UAE residency visa as per UAE Labour law and Immigration requirements, or be able to obtain such a permit within a reasonable time.
How to apply
Your application should be submitted to RSVP.emb.Abu.Dhabi@mfa.no as soon as possible and no later than Friday July 15th 2022 and contain
- Curriculum vitae, motivation letter, reference letter from former employer(s), education/course certificate(s)
- Detailed information regarding level of knowledge (ranked between 1-5) in both Arabic and English, oral and written
- Nationality and residency status in UAE (if relevant)
- Information on notice period of present employer, if relevant
Please mark the subject field with: “APPLICATION FOR POSITION AS VISA OFFICER - your name”.
* CLOSED FOR APPLICANTS