Duties and responsibilities
The visa officers will be working on both visa and residence cases. The visa officers will be expected to carry out the following tasks, amongst others:
- Register applications
- Perform control of persons and documents (ID control)
- Print visa stickers
- Organize and file cases
- Handle incoming correspondence, e-mail queries and phone calls
- Conduct interviews with applicants
- Carry out DNA tests of applicants
- Receive applications in the Visa Section’s reception during opening hours (most applications are received through an external service provider).
- Other tasks may be assigned if needed
The following qualifications are required:
- Fluency (written and oral) in English and in at least one of the following languages: Farsi, Urdu or Arabic
- Proficiency in computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Relevant higher education (e.g. university degree). Long and relevant experience may compensate for higher education
The following qualifications will be an advantage:
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Dari or Pashto
- Good knowledge of legal framework and social and cultural situation in one or more of the following countries: Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.
- Experience from work with visa applications
Skills and competences
- Ability to work structured, independently and efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both written and orally
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work in stressful situations
- Integrity, loyalty and a professional approach
- Practical and operational skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Service minded
Terms and conditions
- Working contract according to local law
- Salary in accordance with education/experience and skills
- Working days: Sunday-Thursday 08-16
- Holidays: 25 days annual vacation
- The successful candidate should be a holder of a valid UAE residency visa as per UAE Labour law and Immigration requirements, or be able to obtain such a permit within a reasonable time.
How to apply
Your application should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28. April and contain
- Curriculum vitae, motivation letter, reference letter from former employer(s), education/course certificate(s).
- Information on notice period of present employer, if relevant.
Please mark the subject field with: “APPLICATION FOR POSITION AS VISA OFFICER - your name”.