The Royal Norwegian Embassy is currently looking to recruit a temporarily locally employed Executive Officer (assistant) at the Defence Attaché Office.
Our locally employed Executive Officer will go on maternity leave for a period of up to 1 year. The position is vacant from the 17th of February 2020. Training will be provided, including hand-over of tasks, which means the successful candidate is expected to start working on the 3rd of February 2020.
Key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Executive and general administrative support to Defence Attaché, which includes:
- Administrative tasks dealing with budgeting, accounting and financial reporting; travel arrangements and coordination of DA activities; post and archive administration;
- Ensuring compliance with MoD financial and budgetary requirements;
- Drafting, planning, coordinating & supporting programmes for incoming delegations to Ukraine and Norway;
- Maintaining databases and ensuring contact lists are up to date;
- Translation of official documents, drafting diplomatic notes;
- Contacting different Ukrainian government authorities;
- Daily running of the DA office.
- Support Defence Attaché in main tasks as follows:
- Following up and supporting Norwegian-Ukrainian bilateral projects (including Georgia – as a side accredited country);
- News scanning on regional current affairs, various security policy and defence related issues;
- Participate in local conferences on security and defence related issues;
- Collecting, summarizing information and reporting from various open sources;
- Analytic work, assisting with report writing.
Other administrative and professional tasks may be set by the embassy.
Professional qualifications: minimum Bachelor grade or at least 3 years of relevant work experience. Working experience from an international environment is desirable. Other education or relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education. The position requires good written and oral presentation skills, including fluent command of the Ukrainian and English languages. Knowledge of the Norwegian language is a plus, but not required.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently;
- Organized and able to work systematically;
- Flexible and able to communicate and cooperate;
- Tact and integrity.
The position requires frequent interaction with a large network of organisations and people. A successful candidate must therefore be sociable and easily interact with the others. Personal qualifications will be of great importance.
The position requires good computer skills in the most common applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
It is desirable to have experience from a similar position with a high level of independence together with experience in accounting and budgetary tasks.
Interviews will be held with shortlisted applicants.
Salary and working conditions by agreement. Training will be given. Probation period is 1 months.
For more information on the position, you can contact the Defence Attaché Office at [email protected] or by phone +38 044 281 22 59.
Application letter together with a CV and copies of education papers and diplomas should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] by 22 January 2020.